Lost my everything

I lost my wife last year. We cremated her on this day last year. It hurts so much that when the lid was closed I will never see her again (this side of heaven) it seems to me that I’m the only one who remembers her. Yes I was very fortunate to had her in my life for 41 years and married 36. Yes I put a brave face on but I’m hurting like sd

6 Likes

Dear @Blueman

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. It is understandable that you are still hurting. Grief sadly can go on for years for some people, it is a painful journey and not a race to be taken one day at a time.

At some point in our lives we will all experience losing someone who is close to us. It is one of the most painful experiences you will ever have to endure. In time we learn to accept the loss but will carry that person in our hearts always. You will never forget them.

There is a useful informative Grief Guide by Sue Ryder which may be of support and help to you and Grief Coach text service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS.

You are not alone, we are all here to support you.

Take care.

Pepsi

1 Like

@Blueman
So sorry for the loss of your beloved wife. Those of us fortunate enough to have that level of love will never forget them will we?
Tell us more about her. I stated a thread called ‘a bit about your loved one ‘ as it struck me that we will always want to talk about them and keep them alive in our hearts.

2 Likes

Karen
I met my wife while she was at school and I was working. I knew her brother and did not know he had a sister. We talked on the old C.B. radios. After a few chats I asked her out. I did not know her age at this time. From our first kiss I was caught. On our wedding day she was a princess but queen of my heart. Oh we had our fights but who doesn’t. I’m fighting with the hospital she was in as they knew 5 months prior to telling us. Once told we were then told to go sit in the main corridor. If you can imagine a 60 year old crying his heart out as he was loosing his everything

3 Likes

That’s awful @Blueman. What a callous attitude.
Glad you have found us on here as you will certainly get treated with far more respect.
Love the CB radio story. A relative of ours had those too - great fun.
Love
Karen xxx

1 Like

Hi blueman.i feel for you.i lost my wife of 23 yrs a month ago to cancer.she was 62 yrs old she was my rock.i know how you feel not seeing her again only being a month but cry everyday.life is lonely already .people say get out you will get over it.everyone is different i loved my wife so so much it hurts so bad i dont know how i will get anywhere near getting over her.life is so cruel…

2 Likes

That is a good idea for new people especially. I called my husband my rock too and I just feel as if I’m floundering with nobody to cling to. I cry every day too especially at night.

1 Like

That was terrible to be told so late on. I met my husband on a school cruise when we were noth 17 So.lome you we grew up.togethet and never had anyone else. I feel as if there’s only half of me left

1 Like

Hello Karen just a wee update. I’ve just been told that I will be receiving the report in to my wife’s mistreatment by the end of the mont

1 Like

I hope they have the decency to admit their faults @Blueman.
Thank you for taking the time to update me.

I’m sorry that I hardly get on the forum these days. Sadly time is very short with what seems like 1001 things to do each week.

I can still be contacted by private message as I’ll get an email notification so would come on and check.

1 Like