Lost my father

Ok so I never thought I needed support or to let this all out. But this is the first I’m taking going through loss. I lost my father on the 4th of June 2021. I’m currently off work because I need time to process it all. I found it very difficult to sleep and still finding it difficult to sleep. I think about him everyday. I guess the first week was really hard. I was actually in the room when he took his last breath (that was really really hard) I’ve allowed myself to cry because I think it’s right to let it all out. I’m struggling to come to terms with it all.

2 Likes

Mrsufi, I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s very early days, so you will be riding a very awful rollercoaster of emotions and physical reactions. Be kind & gentle with yourself.

Keep posting on here if you can. Find people going through similar on social media if you have that. I’ve found the most random but supportive strangers on Twitter.

The Good Grief Trust website is an invaluable source of help, and can walk you through many things when you feel ready to look for resources.

Don’t put any pressure on yourself to sort out official paperwork atm, I’m still doing it 5 months after my loss and every company I’ve spoken to are fine about it.

Keep going, one minute at a time if that’s what it takes. We’re all here with you xx

3 Likes

Thank you very much for this. I needed to hear this. Step at a time is right.

2 Likes

Your message was thoughtful and something I needed to hear. It’s part of a life cycle that I need to process.

2 Likes