Lost my Grandma 2 days ago

Hello,
I haven’t been on this before but feel I need some support.
My lovely caring grandma passed away on Thursday after having pneumonia for the third time since January.
She also had COPD. This however, does not spare the anguish and turmoil that I am feeling now, we only took her out for a meal last week and she seemed so happy. I feel numb and as if it’s my fault for taking her outside for so long as we ate out in the pub for so long. I love her so much and keep finding myself wanting to ring her and realise I can’t.

Hi Crach26,

I’m so sorry to hear you lost your lovely Grandma on Thursday and that you’re having such a difficult time at the moment. Losing a loved one is so hard especially if they had seemed fine & happy recently so it’s understandable the anguish and turmoil you’re feeling.

It was lovely that your Grandma got to spend time with you at the meal at the pub and was happy. I read many posts where people are blaming themselves, wondering if they did anything wrong or could they have prevented their loved ones from dying. The truth is that they did nothing wrong and it wasn’t their fault. Please try to not blame yourself.

It’s normal to feel numb when we lose a loved one, I certainly did when my Mum died. I also found myself wanting to ring her to tell her things.

Do you have anyone close that you can talk to? it’s so important to be able to share our feelings and emotions.

There are lots of lovely supportive people in the community who will understand what you’re going through. You are not alone.

Please keep talking to us & take care.

Trudy