Lost my husband 16 months ago and struggling

I lost my husband 16 months ago at the age of 50, would of been together 28 yrs this year I thought I was coping well until I decided maybe it’s time to move viewed a house came home went to pieces having panic attacks etc, I miss him so much I just don’t feel or see life moving on for me, I have children all left home but it’s not the same having to come home to an empty house I keep expecting him to come through the door…

Hi Elly
I lost my husband 3 months ago, he was 55 and we had been married 27 years. I know how you feel I can’t ever see myself getting over this. My children have left home and I feel so lost and lonely. Weekends always seem especially difficult. Well meaning people say it will get better but there is no end to this. I too keep expecting him to walk in or hear his voice

1 Like

Hi Joanne it’s so early for you love I know people say it will get better maybe it does I say you just learn to live with it day to day and some days are a little better than others as it goes on, but then you get set backs like I had recently, and I am sure your days at the minute are mostly shit!!! I have to say I feel more lost Than lonely Ian worked away a lot but I spoke to him every day, lonely in a way because I know he’s not coming home. Here if you want to chat let me no how your getting on love to you x

Hi Joanne it’s so early for you love I know people say it will get better maybe it does I say you just learn to live with it day to day and some days are a little better than others as it goes on, but then you get set backs like I had recently, and I am sure your days at the minute are mostly shit!!! I have to say I feel more lost Than lonely Ian worked away a lot but I spoke to him every day, lonely in a way because I know he’s not coming home. I don’t know if children say to you like mine do!!! Here if you want to chat let me no how your getting on love to you x

Sorry don’t no why it’s sent twice!!!

My husband also died 2yrs ago this may aged 55 after a shocking cancer diagnosis which he only lasted 4 months my children one of which is at uni and the eldest has left home. Weekends are a bit shit cos he always used to cook . My friends are shit and don’t bother unless they want to borrow money that I only have cos I have lost the love I have had for 32 yrs