Lost my husband and then my dog

i lost my husband 7 weeks ago and then lost my dog the week after feel like i cant cope one minute i,m fine next sobbing my heart out cant believe hes gone and i will never see him again we was with each other 24/7 worked together always together lost my soul mate .dont sleep just long for him to come back

Hi,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve lost both your husband and dog so recently and that you feel that you can’t cope at the moment. I’m sure that you do find yourself sobbing and unable to sleep, such a difficult time for you.

Do you have any close friends or family that you can talk to about how you’re feeling? I volunteered with the Samaritans and they were always there to talk to and provide support. It’s so important to be able to talk about how you’re feeling.

There are lots of wonderful supportive people on the forum who will understand what you’re going through. It does help to know you are not alone.

Please keep talking to us & take care. Trudy x

hi Trudy,
my son and daughter in law ring me twice a day and i go n stop at least once a week in between work but it just doesnt seem to get any easier wake up at 2 3 4 o clock just sobbing its so lonely just want him back but i know its not going to happen but it doesnt stop you wanting and longing for him miss him so much but i know im not the only one who this has happened too.

Hi jojolee, I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your husband and your dog., I lost my husband too, unexpectedly, it will be 7 weeks this coming Sunday morning.
I’m like you, when busy I cope but next minute missing him so much.
It’s very hard. My heart goes out to you.

I know it is so difficult to cope after the bereavement of someone you were so close to,and to lose your dog is a double blow.I don’t have a dog myself ,but do often look after a friends dog when she is away.If at all possible I would advise you to get another dog as soon as possible they are just such good company and really seem to understand how you are feeling .I know this is a very tough time for you ,I hope you manage to find support .I find talking to other people who are going through a similar time is helpful.
There are lots of bereavement support groups now and sharing your problem is often helpful. Best wishes Onebluesky.

Hi GwraigRich,
its hard to believe is’nt it nothing seems real its 8 weeks this Monday that i lost my husband think you are going through the same i feel for you and no ones knows what it like only someone going through the same i am really sorry for your loss

I lost my soul mate 4 weeks ago without warning we had been together 25 years and she was only 49.
I am feeling the same emotions and reactions which you all are, it’s the roller-coaster of emotions I am really struggling with, for an hour I can feel calm and all of a sudden I am so distraught I can’t stop shaking

I’m so sorry it’s very hard you feel like your not in control just take day by day my partner was 59 we had been together 22 yrs we even worked together ! People say it gets easier but probably like yourself you can’t imagine that ever happening keep talking to people n if u breakdown just let it out I do

Richard H, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.
It’s a very difficult time, a real rollercoaster.
I struggle too, yesterday the tears came most of the day, I just couldn’t see how to go on without my husband of 34 yrs, his name was Richard too. It’s 7 weeks this weekend since he passed away unexpectedly. I’m still in disbelief. I feel angry too for the circumstances surrounding his passing.
The worst thing is the emptiness and loneliness, yet I feel that I don’t want to see anyone at times.
I can relate to the shaking you mention, my legs get shaky at times.Try not to bottle up any emotion, let it all out.
Thinking about you during this sad time. Pegi.

Richard,
This is so awful for you, the sudden loss of my partner 6 weeks ago has destroyed me and the future we were looking forward to . After 47 years together I don’t know how I can go on. The roller coaster of emotions seems to be normal - I’ll be ok one minute then crying in the middle of the supermarket the next- I could never have imagined the distress I’d feel. The amount of distress probably equates to the amount of love you shared.

Take care of yourself and cry when you want to. x

This is so terrible for you, if I had any faith before I wouldn’t have it now. I know only too well how awful the loss of a dog is at anytime but so soon after losing your lovely husband must be devastating. Take care x

This is so terrible for you, if I had any faith before I wouldn’t have it now. I know only too well how awful the loss of a dog is at anytime but so soon after losing your lovely husband must be devastating. Take care x