Lost my husband

I had known my husband since I was 16, got together in a serious relationship with him at the age of 35 after being told hundreds of times we should be together, together for just over 10 years then got married on the 21st December 2017. He left for work on the morning of the 23rd April 2018 and never came home. He was a HGV driver and his truck left the road. I really don’t know how life will go on without him x

Hi cinders
I’m so sorry it is a horrible place that we are all in , I am so sorry for your loss I have no advice on how to cope or move forward as like most on here there doesn’t seem to be any answers ,but I have read dozens of posts and it has helped me to know that I am not on my own in the way I feel , my wife died of cancer on the 27th of feb this year at the age of 50 we were married for 30 years and I am devastated to say the least , my heart goes out to you and everyone who has suffered such a loss just try and get from hour to hour and keep posting on here and I hope it may help a little take care
Jon

Hi Jon, thank you for your reply. It’s so hard and I’m very grateful for you taking the time to message me. I really don’t know where to start.

I posted a few times and just put what was in my mind and just tried to get things off my chest , it helped me just to put it into words , be angry sad and all the other emotions that we are going through and god knows there are lots it’s very early for us both ,but you especially it’s only a few days even though it will probably seem longer, I have numb days and tearful days I think the numb days is my mind trying to shut it out for my own sanity, so what ever you want to say on here just vent everyone I’m sure will understand
Jon

1 Like

Hi cinders I lost my husband 2 year’s this Friday it’s a day I will never forget my husband went out to the shops and died in the street i never got to say my goodbyes to him so I know exactly how you feel just take one day at a time we are all here if you need to speak to someone it’s early days for you I’m two years down and it just feels like yesterday I’ve got a big void in my life i will never be able to fill sending you the biggest hugs take care xxxx

1 Like

Thank you Janet, I’m sure your support will be invaluable x