Lost my Husband

Hi I’m new to here my husband of 26 years died suddenly of a massive heart attack and clot aged 53 years. I have yet to have the funeral on Monday 20 th how on earth do people cope with a loss of a partner I have two children one ages 17 still at home and the other aged 22 who lives away. Please :pray: any advice it’s only been 5 weeks very early days. But I feel my hearts been ripped out of my chest : :cry:

6 Likes

@Lindseyz Hello and a very sad welcome to this site, so sorry to hear of the passing of your husband, you will feel utterly wrecked and devastated. It’s been almost a year since I lost my wife and in those very early days I was completely lost, overwhelmed and consumed by grief and pain. Nothing I can say is going to take that away, it’s something you are going to have to take day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute if need be. But it will get easier, the waves of grief will come and go and the distance between them will become longer, the grief will become less intense. I won’t pull any punches, it’s a very tough road ahead, there’s no rule book or map but the people on here can help you navigate what is to come, we’re all on that path with you. Please be kind to yourself, and in that I mean try to accept how you feel and realise that it’s ‘normal’, we all go through anger, guilt, feelings of disbelief, confusion, the list goes on. You will adjust but it takes time to accept what has happened and how you will live with that. People on here will help as they can, we get it, we understand, keep reaching out if you need help.

7 Likes

@Walan has put it perfectly. I’m 9½ months and can vouch for everything he said. You just have to walk through it. Be kind to yourself. It does get easier and I have a life worth living now but it’s taken a while and taken the support of this site and the new friends this site has given me.
Monday will be hard but it will also give some good moments of reflection and pride for your husband.
Keep reaching out, we know what it’s like.

4 Likes

So sorry for your loss. It’s exactly 1 year ago my wife of 48 years went into hospital with strange mental symptoms. They found a mass on her brain. A CNS Lymphoma. On 22 January…2 months to the day later…I held her hand while she slipped away. I still can’t believe it…but I have to. Use this forum…it’s helped me…:heart:

2 Likes

Thankyou for your support sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Thankyou for your support. Sorry for your loss too.

Thankyou for your support sorry for your loss