Lost my husband

I lost my husband on 21/11/23 he had cancer for 11 years but since March he’s been unwell I’ve been his carer.
We was married. 20 years and even though I knew one day this would happen it’s still hard to face . His funeral was 20/12 so Christmas as been horrible. My daughters tried to make it nice but I was lost in my memories and feelings .
I honestly don’t know how I’m going to cope without him I miss him so much . I feel my life is over and I don’t want to be here .
I know he wouldn’t want me to feel this way but I just can’t help it .

4 Likes

You are such early days … course youre gonna be sad and that feeling of not wanting to be here and to have gone with them - i know it ao well … i was just the same. Lean on your family and take care xx

1 Like

@jackieberkeley it is very early days for you but I can relate to everything you said. I lost my partner in July and thought I was coping but along with Christmas came yet another heartbreaking session of tears and loneliness.
I’m sure we will all get through this, I look around at friends who have lost their loved ones over the years and they have survived so I guess I will too. It’s just so hard.

2 Likes

Yeh xmas has been so hard hasnt it … last tear 8 days before xmas i lost my husband and i cant even remember it because i was numb with grief ! This year i am more together but it is still sad and i hate being in the house without him and actually just living alone for the first time in my life !!! Thank god i have got a puppy to love me … she keeps me going. It is so heartbreaking what we are going through and just hope that one day we will all be happier and feel better xx

1 Like

We got a puppy in October it was going to be our joint project but now it’s my project alone, but having this puppy gives me a reason to get up in the morning and go out otherwise I don’t think I would. I do honestly believe my husband knew he wouldn’t be here and we got it for that reason, because for years is told me no we’re not getting a dog and then all of a sudden this summer he said let’s get one .
I know one I will learn to live without him and I know it’s early days but I miss him so much

1 Like

Did he really ? Isnt that strange ? Did he know that he wasnt gonna be around :frowning: its so sad isnt it i know and you will be really feeling it right now … it only really hit me after my husbands funeral when i shut that door and realised now how very alone i was, even if people are around i think you still feel alone ;( keep talking on here. Its an amazing group and we share our grief. Xx

1 Like

Yes I’ve always wanted a dog but it was always no still this summer and it was a yes lol . He had cancer and he broke his hip in March and it all spiral out of control then . His chemo was stopped and I think after 11 trying to beat it he gave up .
I think the same his funeral was 20/12 and yes when everyone had gone it hit me again . Christmas I just went through the motions for my daughters but I didn’t enjoy it and now we have new year not looking forward at all .

1 Like

Was it only this year then ? Oh … its really early days then for you … soz misread - tired :frowning: xx

Yes that’s ok . Yes early days :cry:

1 Like