Lost my mum 3rd of august I’m broken keep seeing her face

Broken lost my mum 3rd of august I’m broken as I found her dead to cancer at home and keep seeing her face and it’s not a nice memory I’m breaking bad nobody understands how much I truly am hurting not even my daughter

4 Likes

Hello @Maxine3,

Thank you for reaching out - I’m so sorry about the death of your mum. It sounds like it was a shock to you and that you’re feeling alone right now. I hope you find the community to be a support to you - sadly, many of our members have lost their mums too and will understand some of what you are going through.

You may also find these Sue Ryder resources helpful as you cope with the death of your mum.

There’s also a really active support thread here for people who have lost their mums: Dealing with the sudden loss of my Mum - #790 by seychelles

Hopefully someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to share these resources with you and let you know that you have been heard.

Take good care,
Seaneen

Hi Maxine, I’m so sorry for the loss of your mum. Such shocking circumstances too. It’s a terrible loss. You are right at the start of this journey. I lost my mum 8 months ago today, unexpectedly just 8 days after a cancer diagnosis. I could hardly breathe in those first few weeks. I remember thinking I was going to die of the pain. I struggled to cope with it and had horrific nightmares that made me frightened to go to sleep. My heart goes out to you. Go with grief as it comes. I promise it does get easier even though you can’t imagine it ever will. We are all here for you to vent and share your feelings as much or as little as you want. We have all experienced and still going through this excruciating pain. Sending you lots of love, Helen xxx