Lost my mum yesterday

Hi I’m so sorry for your loss, I lost my mum in january and still struggle to get out of bed every morning , I hope you find some comfort in this site.

Thank you … I just dont know where to turn … how to cope … how I’m ment to live without her … I didnt even get to say goodbye :cry::cry::cry:

Hi mum of 10
I lost my mum suddenly 10 months ago today and I have no idea how I have got through…but somehow I have and I promise you will too.
Tears still come most days and I am forever changed but I am surviving
Cheryl x

Mum of 10,
I’m sorry for your loss. I forgot to put that at the start of my message. I still do silly things now even 10 months on x

Hi I’m so sorry for your loss and I completely understand your feelings as I lost my mum a week ago and didn’t feel like I wanted to go on. I did what you’ve done and posted on this forum in an effort to find someone , outside of my immediate family, who understood and I spend time every day reading the wonderful, supportive and encouraging posts. Of course I still cry every day but I think that’s ok. You are going through one of the most traumatic events anyone has to go through so please be kind to yourself and let out the emotions. We will get through this but I think we have to do that in our own way and remember that there is no right or wrong way to grieve. Your loss is so new and raw so just do what gives you the most comfort. I’ve found reading poetry has helped a little - although I initially began searching for a reading for mum’s funeral which is sad - but the words have really helped me. A particular poem by D Harkins “She is Gone” has really comforted me.

Please take care and do use this forum if it helps - thinking of you xxx

Justine

1 Like

I lost my mum on february 29. It is something no matter yours or their age that is so difficult to deal with. I miss my mum so much even though she had alzheimers and wasnt the person she was. I want to visit her and just sit with her like we used to do. I lost my dad in 1994 and my sister 10 years ago and I understand the pain eases but right now it is raw. Thinking of you and sending much love xxx

I know just how you feel, I don’t really have any other family and have nowhere to turn or anyone to really talk to about my mum from her side of the family as they’ve all passed away at young ages. I didnt get to say goodbye either, someone found her alone at home, it breaks my heart to think about her alone and suffering, It does make you wonder how your going to ever carry on again without them :cry:

I lost my mum last Sat to Coronovirus, she was only 73, I’m utterly devastated lonely angry and hurting just can’t believe this has happened, needed to grieve with my family and can’t do that

I am sorry for your loss

Hi berry
I’m so sorry to hear your news. This situation is awful and you must be really in pain.
Can you get support from your family and friends online and the phone?
I lost my mum suddenly aged 74 last june and I still have no idea how I have come this far or how I will live the rest of my life without her.
Cheryl x

Hi sorry for late reply, my sisters called our daily 2 hrs video call to cry and support each other its just so hard atm so raw and fresh, with the nature of how she went it surrounds us everywhere. Sorry to her about your mum last year, honestly i don’t think this oian will ever go.

X

Did your mum have underlying health conditions?
She was very young at 73. That’s one of the worst things for me that mine was just 74. I thought she would be 90 when she died x

Sorry Cheryl I have a 6 year old at home I’m trying my best to deal with too which is so hard, my husband has taken over that role as best as he can but still it’s constant wanting something. She has Asthma and diabetes. She was in a care home and was Inmobile but still had so many years left in her. Walking around in a daze lost and empty

I lost my mum 4 days ago and I totally feel your pain it is like no other

Hi @Julia1, I saw this was your first post and I just wanted to say I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve lost your mum. Your loss is so recent and raw. I hope that it helps even a tiny bit to be able to share things on this site. You are among people who understand here.

You’ve posted this as a reply to a slightly older conversation so it might get a little lost. When you feel ready, you may also wish to start a new conversation yourself - doing this usually stands out a little more and you should get some supportive replies.

Hi I’m so sorry for your loss, I know how your feeling. I lost my mum in March and I’m also heartbroken. I feel so lost and alone with no other family that even care.
I feel like my world has fallen apart and I’m trying to survive.
I hope you find peace in time. I hope I do too… xxx

1 Like

Hi Priscilla, thank you for replying, I’m so grateful for your help. I will most definitely start a conversation myself xx

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss. My mum died yesterday too. She was in hospital and I fear she was scared and felt alone. I am broken and dont know how to carry on. Your feelings are completely normal. I am going to try and take one day at a time. I lost my dad 2 years ago, no siblings so I had to deal with it all alone. You will learn to live again bit I know it is even harder losing your Mum.
Take care of your self and give yourself time. xx

1 Like

Hi thank you for your message… I’m sorry to hear you lost your mum too. It’s so difficult dealing with the feelingS and waves of emotion that come over me.
One day at a time is a good way of looking at it I think.
I’m Sorry to hear about your father too…
Just started bereavement Councelling Although I only receive 6 sessions which doesn’t seem like enough… I’m going to give it a go anyway although very painful to do.
Take care if your self. Hey m hear to chat if you would like to stay in touch? :pray:

Hi Jo72,
I am sorry for your loss too. It really is the worst feeling. I had the stark realisation this morning that I am no longer anyone’s Daughter, that is a horrible feeling. I had bereavement counselling after I lost my Dad, it helped. Time is the best and talking. The support of family and friends and sharing with others in the same boat helps. This morning I was sad I didn’t have many nice photographs near the end, but I had to email at the last act I did for my Mum when I last saw her was make her a meal. She loved food and feeding us so I take great joy from that. Day 2 today, let’s see what it brings.
xx

1 Like