Lost my mum yesterday

My mum came to live with me in an annexe when we lost my dad 15 years ago. In 2020 I was diagnosed with very aggressive breast cancer, survival was uncertain. Mum moved in properly & nursed me for for 12 months, being in her 70’s she pushed me through. On the day of my discharge my mum found a lump, she was also diagnosed & our roles were reversed, she also recovered last year.

Yesterday she said her breast bone was very painful, she refused an ambulance, she was sat up talking at 12.40pm, at 1pm I heard her crash & I was calling 999 & doing CPR. I knew in my heart she was gone.

My mum was my life, we have survived cancer, had big plans for this year, possibly me to early retire and us move to coast.

I cannot see the point now, day two and the loneliness is unbearable, yet I don’t want anyone else here, just my mum.

4 Likes

Hello @Daisy57

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling so lonely, but equally feeling you don’t want to see anyone. I’m so sorry to hear about the very recent loss of your mum and for what you have gone through in the past together. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex

1 Like

Dear Daisy
Our thoughts are with you so soon after losing your Mum.
It sounds a really small thing but ust try and keep having a cup of tea or water and even if you don’t feel like it a sandwich, a bit of fruit, a microwave meal. Just to try and get you through this stage. I hope i don’t sound rude saying that but we got covid when were trying to clear my mum’s rented house and you really have to try and look after yourself although the pain will be unbearable at the moment.
Sending you strength and a hug. So sorry for your loss. Kate

2 Likes