Lost my mum

I lost my mum just over a week ago. She lived in a care home and I haven’t seen her for about a year because of the pandemic and lockdown. She died in hospital of Advanced Dementia, and I didn’t get to say goodbye. I am so heartbroken and can’t stop crying.

Hi @Karen58

I’m so sorry for your loss. I was lucky enough to be able to be with my Mum when she passed away twelve weeks ago. Losing your Mum is absolutely terrible, no one loves you like your Mum. Thinking of you x

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. It’s true a mother’s love is iriplaceable. Thinking of you too :heart:

1 Like

Im so sorry for your loss. Nobody knows what its like to lose a mum until it happens to them. Thinking of you. X

1 Like

Hello Karen58

So sorry for your loss.
It’s so sad that you were unable to say goodbye to your Mum, so many people on here have been unable to say goodbye to their loved ones. My partner was in hospital with covid for 2 weeks, me and my boys had covid too so we wasnt allowed in the hospital to say goodbye to him, this breaks my heart and I still feel guilty.
I try and think about all the lovely memories I had with him, but sometimes it hurts too much at the moment.

Amy x

Hi I’m new to this. I know what it’s like to lose someone so precious as your mum. It happened to me over 4 years ago. I’m still trying to make sense of it. I doubt I ever will. My mum was seriously ill in a coma. I feel so guilty I went to work when my mum was dying. It was a fairly new job I was trying to secure my future with the job. I know my mum would never blame me for putting my job before her. She was proud of me for holding it down even though I get abuse in my job of the public I still did the job. I work in enforcement and the days I worked during my mum was in hospital in a coma I was abused by a driver who said I hope your mum dies in a coma. This low life had no idea she was in a coma. How I kept it together I do not know but I knew I couldn’t bite back. It made me more thick skinned In my job. The grief I am living follows me every day I am still writing my mum a note telling her how much I miss her and how much I want her back. It’s true it does get easier but losing your mum is the worst thing any son or daughter will ever go through. But be kind to yourself allow yourself time to grief. There is no time limit. More importantly celebrate your mums life it’s what she would want you to do

1 Like