Lost my mum

I lost my mum yesterday. It was an expectant death and she died peacefully with all her family around listening to elvis. I am a mess.i haven’t slept in 3 days and I feel utterly lost.my husband cant not cope with me being this way and just seems to be getting on with his life and being lazy.We have a son who is heart broken and I am trying to manage his feelings and mine.I need my husband to support me and help keep the house running. He doesn’t understand this.The next week is going to be so busy with everything to plan for the funeral. I feel so alone. I miss my mum so much xxxxx

4 Likes

Hi. Im so sorry for your loss.i lost my mum 3 months ago. I can relate to you not sleeping and stuff.i was like that and was hardly eating anything.
Just felt like i needed to message you as i get where your coming from and if people close to you havent lost their parent/s they just dont understand.
Im here if you need to chat.

1 Like

Sending you a hug @Lisa, so sorry you are going though this. My mum died over two years ago, and I just miss her more and more. It seems close family and friends often don’t understand or react differently to loss. It does feel very cold and uncaring. Could you ask your husband for help with some specific practical things around the house or shopping perhaps? It is all so raw for you all at the moment, and I wonder if he is avoiding his own feelings as much as he is avoiding dealing with those of you and your son. Maybe he’s not very good with feelings and emotions? I’m so very sorry for the loss of your mum, I understand how much you miss her. I’m glad you were able to be with her though, and hope it may bring some comfort at some time to know she had you there and was peaceful. Wishing you strength and courage for next week, please grieve as you need both you and your son, and take care. Hugs xx

1 Like