Lost my mum

I lost my mum to ovarian cancer 12 years ago and I still haven’t gotten over it. She was my everything, was always there for me regardless of the situation. I find it very difficult to talk about her as I get so upset. I used to dream about her but I got so upset when she had to go away that I’d wake crying so she doesn’t come to see me in my dreams anymore (probably because she doesn’t want to see me upset). She was such a lovely person who would help anyone and never did anyone any harm. Its so unfair that she had to die like that. She was only 73 and I wasn’t even 40 when she died. I miss her so much. I follow no religion but hope that there is a heaven (of sorts) because I hope to see her again when I die

3 Likes

Hello MadPete,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your Mum and how you are feeling, that is so natural. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

You may find these helpful:

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

1 Like

MadPete I’m only 5 weeks into my grief journey and already feel lost without Mum. She died of heart failure and I feel cheated at losing her at 79 when I’m 45. But you got even less time than I did. She too was the loveliest person who never did anyone any harm. How do we cope without our Mums? I’m also not religious but hope to see her face again when I die.

3 Likes

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I had a bit of a mental health breakdown yesterday due to many different reasons including the death of my mum. I was going to kill myself but I’m getting the help I need now so hopefully I won’t feel so low in the future.
I miss my mum so much but don’t think she would want me to do that

Really glad to hear you’re getting the support you need, @MadPete :blue_heart:

1 Like

Lost my mum 7th Aug know how your feeling she had lung cancer aged 72 years x

1 Like

I know it’s the worst thing to lose one’s mother but do get the help you need and your dear mother would be so sad to know that you were thinking about ending it. Take lots of care and try your best!