Lost my mum

Hi my mum has been sick for 6 years with pulmonary fibrosis of the lungs she passed away on the 8th of Dec 2022 I flew to the UK I got there intime but she was already in an unconscious state I’m finding it difficult to except I didn’t get there in time that she new I was there she had a stroke while I was on the plane the pain is unbearable and I don’t know how to cope.

2 Likes

Hello @Helen.1970,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum in December. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi Helen. I’m sorry for your loss. I too live abroad and can understand the pain you must be feeling. It is so difficult when we don’t live near our mums and the distance is an added hurdle. My mum was actually staying with us when she died, but as it was sudden I didn’t get to be with her when she passed and tell her all I would have wanted to.
I try to tell myself that she knew how much she was loved and I’m convinced that she would have wanted to say the same to me.
I’m sure it was the same for you and your mum. Sending love and strength at this awful time.