Lost my mum

Hello, I’m new on here. I lost my mum last summer. She wasn’t supposed to die, yet here we are. She was my best friend and guide in life. I have been waiting for a switch to click in my brain to understand that she’s passed away. Think I have come to the realisation that I’ll never get used to it. Grief is hit and miss, some days im ok, others im so sad. Joined to hopefully chat to people going through the same x

8 Likes

Hello Sbla16,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

2 Likes

Hi, i am goung through the exact same thing, my mum passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly last summer, she was fine one minute then had a massive heart attack and was gone. I am haunted by the fact i did CPR on my own mum, i did it successfully i managed to get her pulse back just enough until the paramedics arrived but due to the nature if her heart attack and how severe it was there was no pulling through she passed away in A/E 20 minutes later. I am the same some days are good and some days are bad and then there are them days you just esnt to crawl under a rock and disppear? Like whose there to answer my stupid questions or ring me to make sure i am ok? I think grief if just a rollercoaster and we just have to take it as it comes the ups and the doens, i am hopeful one day i will be able to look back at thr good memories and times without getting upset. I just want you to know you are not alone, sending live and support your way xxx

4 Likes

Hi, I’m sorry to read about the loss of your Mother.

Last summer my father passed away and I was his carer, he had Alzheimer’s and I looked after him myself at home for five years.

My mother was diagnosed with cancer two days after his death and she died in my arms at home two weeks later with a heart attack.

I thought I was getting over the shock and pain but I have some bad days like you do.
I seem to be very impulsive and make terrible decisions and choices.
Hard to except I will never see them again.

4 Likes

Hi Sbla6
I am sorry for your loss and I feel your pain sending you much love xxx you are not alone

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your mums passing and thank you for sharing your story. Yes that’s what I have struggled with too if I need a chat she’s not there. Learning to rely on good friends to talk to but a lot haven’t been through the same experience

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear of the passing of both of your parents in such a short time, that must of been so hard. I was with my mum when she passed away aLao and it’s something I will never forget. Thanks sharing your story and reaching out

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for the loss of both of your parents so close to each other.

Sending love and hugs. Xx

1 Like

Hi, I am new here too.
I also lost my mum. It was sudden, in September and she was my absolute best friend. I too am still waiting for the enormity of this to click. I can’t imagine a world where she isn’t in it. When I think about the future without her it feels too big and overwhelming.
I am also hoping to create a support network of others going through the same. Thanks for posting your message and for starting the thread.
Rebecca x

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your mum. It’s really hard to think about the future you are right, I am struggling with that too. A future where she isn’t there doesn’t seem right, like she’s due back soon but she isn’t. Thanks for reaching out x

1 Like

I’m very sorry to hear about your Mum. Creating a support network is a good idea.
Thank you for posting your message.
Will

Sorry for your loss I too lost my mom in oct after a long battle with cancer people tell me it must have been easy knowing my mom was going to die well No it wasn’t. It’s very tiring living each day as if it’s your last the ups and down of doctors and cemo. I feel like a 6-year-old and I’ve lost my mom . I lost one of the most precious things in my life.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about the of your mother.
I totally understand how difficult it is for you and you’re not alone.

1 Like