Lost my mum

I lost my mum 5 days ago…5 whole days…she suffered from dementia for last 5 years and after a stroke in feb deteriorated quickly…i have been lucky be able to be with her every day…and now i am just lost. I am completely broken, my whole life revolved around her, she was my everything and i just feel alone. I have people around me…but the pain is unbearable. Am not sure how to get through…i just want to curl up in a ball…

2 Likes

I feel your pain. It is extremely hard. I lost my mum in May after looking after her for many years. She had cancer and then developed seizures and I visited her every day when she moved into a home for the last 12 months. I’ve lived with her all my life (over 50 years) and my whole life too revolved around her. There is nothing to ease your pain. You just have to cry and release the emotions. Don’t hold them in. I hope you have lots of support. I was on my own after her death, every day and I still am. We all on here know what it’s like… you just feel like you want your world to end in those early days. It is very tough going and there is no easy way. Just take one hour at a time. Eventually day by day it does become a little easier, believe me. I’m 11 weeks in, and I never thought I would manage to continue with her gone, but things become a little less raw with time. Take care and remember to be kind to yourself. xx

2 Likes

Lost my lovely dad 3 weeks ago. He had late stage lewy body dementia but died of bowel obstruction and sepsis. I cant imagine life continuing without him in it. This is the most horrific pain. The only thing I am thankful for is that his suffering is over.