Lost my Nan 5 days ago

I’m struggling with normality, going to work, being a mum and a wife. I’m not sleeping. She died whilst holding my hand and she was peaceful and comfortable. It was very sudden. She was gravely unwell for less than 48 hours but I’m struggling

2 Likes

Dear @Kelsnip

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Nan.

I can see that your loss is very recent. It is understandable that you are feeling the way you are, all of which is normal and part of the grieving process. Grief is a journey to be taken one day at a time, it is not a race and there will be good days and bad days as it is a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Everyone’s bereavement journey is different.

I am sure someone will be along to offer their support who has been in a similar situation as yourself. You can connect with members on here by typing in the search bar Loss of Nan. The support is amazing.

In the meantime I would like to share a few resources with you that may be of help and support to you at this time.

• self-help platform which has information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief along with resources and advice to help you through your grief called Grief Guide . When you are ready and feel up to it, it would be worth taking a look
  • Our Grief Coach text service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS
  • Our Bereavement Information pages which can walk you through what you are going through

It might be helpful to book an appointment with your doctor and let them know you are struggling because you have recently lost your Nan.

Thank you for bravely reaching out, it is not always easy to do this, you are not alone, we are all here to support you.

Take care.

Pepsi

Thank you so much. I’m calling my GP tomorrow x

1 Like