Lost my partner just before Xmas

Hi everyone

My name is Louise, I sadly lost my wonderful partner Stuart of 12 years to MND on the 20th December. I miss him so very much and struggling to process but I know it’s very early. I don’t think people can fully understand that even though I knew he had a terminal illness , that it was still a shock when he passed and the timing.

If there is anyone in Kent that is in a similar position and who would like to meet for coffee and a walk and talk then I would love to hear from you

Best wishes to you all x

1 Like

Dear @Mole41

Welcome to the Community. I am so sorry for your loss. Even when someone has a terminal illness it is still a shock when they pass. That sudden emptiness and knowing they won’t come back is hard and nothing and no one can you prepare you for that. It would be helpful for you to connect with others that have experienced what you have gone through.

There are a couple of support groups on Facebook which may be of help to you along with MND helpline.

MND Connect helpline on 0808 802 6262 which would be worth ringing to see if there are any local groups in your area you could join.

MND (Motor Neurone Disease) Support and Information Group (Facebook group)
MND Support (Facebook group)

In our topics here under MND and Motor Neurone Disease you can connect with other members of the Community for support also.

Take care of yourself.