Lost my partner last week.

Last weekend my partner suddenly died.

We have two young children and I am really struggling to keep it together.

I don’t know how to cope.

I am so sorry for your loss Sammie , I won’t lie it a difficult road ahead , my husband died in April after he contracted meningitis… somehow you will find the strength & just take one day at a time , it’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to me , hopefully it will be some help talking to people who have experienced the same thing as you … sending you big hug xxxx

Im so sorry for your loss Sammie. A week is so soon and you must still be in terrible shock. I hope you have family and friends around you to support you. I lost my partner very suddenly just over 3 months ago and we have two children aged 11 and 8. It is the most devastating, painful experience of my life. I don’t know how I have kept on going. I cried alone a lot for the first few weeks then completely stopped and tried to keep really busy, totally focussing on my children and keeping them busy and entertained with outings and seeing their friends. Everything that seemed so routine before has such meaning and I try to savour every moment I have with them. Its only recently that I have really felt the loss of my partner not being around. I feel so sad for my children that they have such a void in their lives and will have to grow up without. their dad. I hope you are doing ok and being on this site and connecting with others that are going through the same helps you in some way. Much love to you and your children xxx

Thank you for your lovely response. So sorry for your loss.

I’m just so broken. I haven’t stopped crying.

I can’t eat or sleep and I feel so consumed with sadness.

My children are up and down at the minute laughing one minute and crying the next. I’m trying to be strong for them but I’m failing miserably

Xx

Hi Sammie sorry for your loss I lost my partner suddenly in May I was in total shock the first few weeks I have days I’m ok and days I’m not I hope you are getting lots of support take one day at a time and keep posting how you are feeling.
Christine x

Hi Sammie im very sorry for your loss ,take it day by day , dont plan things you dont have to .Try to eat if not meals then snacks ,you need this to help you and your children .Your not failing miserably,your a week into your nightmare and theres no recipe to get out of it .I myself take anti depressants and visit my doctor once a month .Maybe a visit to your doctor only a suggestion .Everybody goes through their nightmare in different ways .I also phone the Samaritains on a regular basis ,them like this site dont judge they let you offload .All the best Colin (im 59 my darling wife Denise passed on her 41st birthday 04032016 )

Hi Colin. Thanks for reply. I’m so sorry you lost your dear wife.

I went to the doctors and she said to give myself time.

I don’t want time. I want John back.

I went to register his death today. I’m not even registered as his partner on the death certificate as we were not married.

We were together for 14 years. He was married before and we were planning on getting married but we were trying to obtain copies of his divorce so we could push forward with it.

I have a 14 year old daughter and we have a 9 year old and a 7 year old together.

I’m so lost. I just want to scream. If it wasn’t for my children I wouldn’t want to be here at all but I’m not much use to them at the minute.