Lost my partner to suicide,I feel so lost

Feeling lost after losing my partner to suicide 3 months ago

4 Likes

Sending you loads of love @Girlygirl
This must be SO painful. I feel sure there will be some places which support people with this particular loss but hope you will find some help here too.
Hugs xxx

4 Likes

My heart goes out to you. I am in the same situation - 10 weeks now for me. I hope you have support. I have daughters at home and lots of friends - everyone tells me I am doing well because I get out and meet people, do things - but as soon as I’m on my own I am a wreck. I hate being in the house on my own. The silence, the bad memories of that day…it’s a tough road but hopefully you will find forums like this a big help to you.

I have found SOBS helpful. They have face to face groups and also online meetings.

4 Likes

I am so sorry for you loss. Life is so cruel, be kind to yourself.
Sending lots of love and heeling xx

2 Likes

I lost my brother four years ago . He also took his own life and I know how difficult it is to understand "Why?"I found a very good document/booklet online called “Help Is At Hand” you can find it online at Gov.UK and download it to read. Also I found a great deal of help with a charity called Survivors of Death by Suicide. They have good online help and a community forum, a helpline manned by volunteers who are all “Survivors” and also local groups who meet regularly. Often with suicide the question we ask ourselves is “Why” and in the booklet it says “The only person who really knows why is the person who took their own life”. It is four years now and I am able to feel “okay” to a degree with my brother’s death… mainly because I know he is at peace now after many years of battles with his mental health and alcoholism. I know your circumstances may be very different but although we knew about his problems my brother’s death was still a total shock.

2 Likes