Lost my partner

Hi everyone
I have joined this site as I’m struggling with the recent loss of my partner
He was killed in a RTA on February 28th on his way to work
He was 47 years old and my soul mate
I’m struggling with the fact I’ve lost my future and I just want to die with him
I can’t comprehend life without him
Every day I wish I was dead
I’ve lost my strength all I’m doing is crying constantly
I feel like a stuck record when people ask me how I’m feeling
Because I can’t tell them how I really feel
I’ve no where to turn
I want this feeling of pain to stop

1 Like

Hi Carol,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your partner. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are feeling really overwhelmed.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. There are lots of other support options out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You deserve care and support so please do get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,

Michelle

1 Like

Hello Carol,

I really get it - how you are feeling. I feel this way, too. For me, not all the time but that feeling of emptiness, darkness and hopelessness- I know all of this. Your loss was so sudden, so hard. My husband died in January after a long illness. I am emerging slowly from the absolute worst of this - I think. We are all with you on here, Carol and we understand. Jump on here if you want to find people who completely get where you are, be a they are there too, or have been there. I keep talking to my husband- all the time. There is no audible reply but I find it helps me when the sadness or worries threatened to overwhelm me. My future looks totally different too, from the one we had planned. I take it an hour at a time. Keep going, Carol, you have got this, even though it may not feel like it.

2 Likes

Hi Carol I know how you feel my husband was taken suddenly by covid and we had just both retired with lots of plans ahead. I don’t know where life is going to take me now like yourself but it does get better with time. People unfortunately don’t understand because you can’t until you have been through it. Hr by hr be kind to yourself. Small steps and you will learn what triggers upset you to avoid. Hang on in there he’d want you too. Big big virtual hugs and chat on here anytime we are all. Here for you.x

2 Likes