Lost my son 10 days ago age 27

Hi Kate that is a good way to think about it, 1 day after Sam’s funeral I feel back at the beginning of the journey but I am hoping this will get better. It’s good to hear how people have coped and anything that will help is deeply appreciated
Many thanks
Sally xx

Hi, I know exactly what you mean Sam passed away on 14/4 and his funeral was yesterday. I feel back at the beginning of this devastating journey and also my other 2 daughters are devastated. I know there must be a way through its just finding it. The funeral service itself was bearable but the after proceedings/gathering was overwhelming for me and I wish I had left sooner. People’s kind words and the talking was excruciating and I think I should have been more self aware and looked after myself better.
Thanks for your words,
Sal xxx

Kate, what a lovely picture, thank you. You put into words exactly how I feel about Heidi. I grew her, she’ll always be part of me, and I’m surrounded by so many memories. As you say, the pain is there but in time there is also comfort. I heard part of a poem the other day that really spoke to me - ’ My spirit is free, but I’ll never depart as long as you keep me alive in your heart’. That sums it up really. Kathy xx