Lost my son suddenly 3 months ago

My son suddenly passed away 3 months ago and we are still waiting to hear what his cause of death is. I have suffered quite alot of loss over the course of my life and have been to more funerals than any other event!
But the loss of my son is beyond anything I have ever experienced and i feel i just cannot relate to anyone. People say to me “i can’t imagine what you are going through” and i think to myself “no you cant”. Ive never experienced pain like it and i am struggling to see how i carry on in a non pretending way.

4 Likes

Hi at320

I’m so sorry for the loss of your son. I too lost my daughter very suddenly 10 months ago the pain is just unbearable and every day is harder because all you want is your baby back. The only advice I can give is to take one day at a time when I lost my daughter I floated through each day and didn’t and couldn’t pretend to be anything other than I was if that meant breaking down in the supermarket or shouting at somebody who asked how I was then so be it ! It’s hard enough to get the each day as it is so don’t pretend just be how you need to be x

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss, I lost my son in March 2023. What you are experiencing we all know, the pain is so immense it’s crushing, you are not alone. All I can say is minute by minute, do what you feel you can, even if it’s just getting dressed. I find writing a private daily journal really helps and I make it part of my daily routine. Deep breaths, cry when you need to and keep messaging on here , it really helps xx

1 Like

Thankyou Moana!
I definitely feel like i have turned into a bitch, i have got no patience and i struggle to be nice to strangers :woman_facepalming: who mean well but say something that just isn’t helpful, or people who are complaining about something trivial in their lifes, in my head im screaming “my son died!!!” Of course i recognise people have their own stuff going on, but after losing a child, nothing else really matters to me and nothing will ever be as bad in life compared to it. But your right all i can do is my best, and do what ever it is that im feeling in the moment. Thankyou for your message :pray: xx

1 Like

Thankyou for your advice, i definitely think a journal would help me. Putting down on paper what i am feeling daily i can see will be really helpful. :pray::pray: xx

I have zero tolerance for many things, including a very quick temper. I can’t stand other people who know me being so negative, saying you should do this, that etc. I’ve always been strong minded, ever more so and a few people have been on the receiving end and I don’t care, why should I when I have lost my son aged 35. I’ve even given up with so called best friend, no longer do I even consider her a friend through her negativity, her constant moaning about herself. I had my son’s inquest in September and to this day never asked me how it went, I don’t need people like that in my life. I sound a right bitch, I’m not but I have never suffered fools gladly. Oh well my moan over with. Take care, remember little steps and minute by minute xx

2 Likes