Lost my soulmate

I lost Paul on June 3rd after a short battle with bile duct cancer. He’d been such a fit and healthy person all his life and his illness came as a complete shock, not only to me but to all our friends and family.

He was a keen fell runner, and took part in triathlons.
He was my soulmate and the love of my life. I miss him something terrible.

5 Likes

Hello @Moirarae, I am so sorry for the loss of your partner Paul. I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few resources with you that may help you right now.

Take good care,
Seaneen

I understand exactly the position you find yourself in. I was amazed how quickly my CrossFit loving wife deteriorated with stomach cancer. Still in shock to be honest…7 weeks from diagnosis to death.
If you’re like me, it’s like you’ve lost your best friend and been robbed if your future together. I’m angry but dont know who im angry at. Im lonely, despite support from family, and finally, hate the new single life im forced to live when i was perfectly happy with what i had.
Keep being told time is a healer…but time crawls when you’re lonely…“what do i do today” is every day’s mantra and i hate it.
We’re in this together, so reach out when you need to.

3 Likes