lost my uncle

Im a highschool girl, and i’ve worked with my uncle for the past two years. saturday morning we got a call from my assistant manager asking us where my uncle was. my dad and i went to his house and the police came, along with my supervisor and his neighbors. no one knew where he was and we were starting to think of ways to get in the house. i peered through the window and saw his head and limp body on the floor. i told everyone and i do not know how to process it at all. i love him so much and he was the best guy. i still cant believe he is gone and i keep replaying the moment of seeing him in my head. im not sure what to do or think now, and have been googling how to cope and came across this website. i quit my job there already and i really just dont know what to do

Hello snormack

I’m so sorry to hear about your uncle. Thank you for reaching out to the community. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, and in the meantime I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now that you can access outside the UK.

• Our Grief Guide self-help platform which has information, resources and advice to help you through your grief
  • Our Bereavement Information pages which can walk you through what you are going through

I also wanted to let you know there is lots of other support out there. I would really encourage you to speak to someone about how you are feeling. The following website might help you find support services closer to home: https://help.befrienders.org/

You deserve care and support, so keep reaching out
Take care, Rhi