Lost my wife a week ago

Hi all , I have just joined as just over a week ago I lost my soulmate , she was only 57 and we had been together 24 years ( married for 16) , feeling like my heart has been ripped out and so empty :sob: . Since covid we had both been at home working so she was there all the time , now she’s not and everything seems so pointless.
We have 2 kids of 23 & 18 and they are devastated at losing their mum , even though they are both still at home with me I feel so alone . The kids are the only reason I’m still here and haven’t gone with my wife .

6 Likes

Sorry for your loss ,my husband died in January 2024, i miss him ,he was the most amazing husband

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss x
We can’t even arrange my wife’s funeral as she has been sent for a post mortem , which will take a couple of weeks we are told , so just feel in limbo as well as just completely lost.

1 Like

My heart goes out to you and your children. I lost my husband of 46 years really suddenly in February. He was my everything as he was to our children. I don’t think there is anything that I can say to easy your pain, but the only thing I would say is be prepared for after your wife’s funeral! All the hard work arranging the funeral keeps you focused. I have found that after this you are left with time. I wish you all the very best.

1 Like

Dino13,
So very sorry for your loss,i know from experience how difficult,the early days are,
Total disbelief and shock ,lost my husband October 2022,and there is days i cannot
Believe he has gone ,
Hope you have family and friends nearby for support ,
Take care ,
Susie.

1 Like

GGroves
So very sorry for your loss not a journey we all want to be on ,
Lost my husband October 2022 and it still feels like a bad nightmare,
We were married 42 years and together 45 years ,Hope you have family and friends nearby ,
Take care ,
Susie.

Sorry for your loss , we can’t even really sort the funeral as her body is with the coroner for post mortem , have spoken to a funeral director and got the ball rolling though but now just a waiting game , which is killing me and the kids tbh

Thanks , we all still think she will be sat there when we come home having been out with the dog . Really hate these feelings , never thought I would be in this position at 52 , guess we all just go through life thinking this sort of thing happens to other people not us .

Dino13,
I know i didnt expect to be a widow, expect to see my husband sitting in his chair, Thought we would have many more memories to make ,
Life can be very cruel at times ,
Take Care ,
Susie .

2 Likes

Totally understand how you feel. It’s indescribable. there are no words
I lost my wife in Nov last year. Our kids are 35 and 38 and both have their own houses and kids. However, her passing has hit them very hard especially my daughter. Im in the house on my own now along with our dog.
Its so hard but please take one day at a time.
Take care

1 Like

Sorry for your loss , our kids are still at home but it’s not stopping me feeling so alone at the moment , just want to get in bed and never get up . Got to be strong and keep going for them though ….

That’s the thing , we had so many plans and things we were going to do now the kids are old enough to be left in the house while we were away :cry: