Lost my wife then 6 months later I was diagnosed as well.

Having lost my wife of 30 years in March 2019 then getting diagnosed myself in September 2019 I feel I’ve never GRIEVED?
What is grief? I have a large family but very little support and genuinely feel alone and abandoned and now I’m recently told my tumours are very much enlarged and one of my treatments is no longer effective.
I get tearful yes, particularly when I listen to music, after all I’ve always said that “music is life”. I know this isn’t reading well but today for some reason I am low and have no idea who to turn to?
Take care everyone.

4 Likes

Hi josephine1960 sorry yo hear this you must feel absolutly devastated please come and chat :heart:

2 Likes

Hi
I’m not surprised you are feeling so low having so much to deal with. I lost my husband to cancer a year ago on the 21st of this month. I know how devastating it is to get bad news from those scans.
Take care and look after yourself xx

2 Likes

I don’t know what to say , it’s the thing I worry most about .

Take care

1 Like

My wife was just 58 when she passed having been diagnosed and given weeks to live. She fought hard, had many bouts of chemo which luckily didn’t make her sick though she did lose her hair.
We used her time left to have long weekend breaks to places she’d never been which took our minds off this dreadful disease somewhat.
I guess we could do this as I retired at 55 and made all plans to protect her future thinking I “would go first” but life doesn’t quite work to plans and after 505 days of fighting, she passed away in the Sue Ryder Hospice after a short time cared for by terrific staff.
Six months to the day after my loss I was diagnosed with a rare cancer which of course I didn’t see coming and unfortunately cant5be treated with chemotherapy or radiotherapy so have been hit hard with virtually no support network
I do understand how people cope differently with loss but haven’t the words to reduce their suffering. I don’t think I really grieved but, what does grief mean? What I think though is that whatever it is we really should talk and share with others how we feel. This is what I’ve rarely been able to do.
I don’t know whether this even makes sense or indeed if this is what this forum is about but in the meantime I, like many many others must battle on.
Thanks

6 Likes

My heart goes out you it really does :broken_heart:

1 Like

That’s heartbreaking, again I’ve got no words of help , it must be incredibly difficult for you

2 Likes

Josephine1960
So sorry to hear your news, big hugs to you.

Thank you. Today is very surreal as I was collecting my (hopefully) life prolonging medication from Oncology and it so happens my wife would have been 62 today. Missing her so much and no one to turn to.
Take care.

4 Likes

so sorry to hear you now have the rotten c :cry:is it a rare blood cancer? sorry for asking but seem to see more people getting this when having covid​:broken_heart:

1 Like

No the rarity is because the Neuro Endrecine tumours are in the small intestine which means it can’t be treated with Chemo or Radiotherapy nor can it be operated on. In my case I have secondary lier tumours which no longer respond to an injection I’ve adminuistered weekly for nearly a year.
I thank you for your concern. Take care.

3 Likes