Lost partner

My partner died on the 21st Jan 18. I walk around with this hole inside me. We were together for over thirty years and he was my rock. Some days it’s so hard to go on

Hi Andy,

I’m so sorry to hear about the death of your partner after thirty years together. Your loss is so recent and it’s important to be kind to yourself and take things day by day.

I hope that it helps even a tiny bit to have this Online Community as a place to share your feelings - our users are very supportive and there are many of them who have also lost a partner and will understand much of what you are going through. While you wait for more replies to your post, you may also find it helpful to read and reply to some other recent posts in the Losing a Partner section of the site.

Hi, when I found your post I felt that someone else has that feeling I have. I once told a councillor about it, I attended a meeting at Sue Ryder and he gave a talk, and he told me that there’s this thing on the internet, goggle - Growing around grief, it just spoke to me and gave me strength. (If you can’t find it, please come back to me) Each day is another day that you have gone through without your partner and you must keep going because that’s what they would have wanted. It’s a very different life and the challenges are very difficult to see how we are going to carry on but we do. We are always here for you and will always try to help.
Blessings