Lost someone to Covid 19? Share your story.

Have you lost a loved one to Covid 19? Have you been unable to say goodbye to a loved one or had to have a restricted funeral? What has been your experience of grieving during lockdown and what support have you been able to access? Has this Online Community helped to support you?

We’re looking for people who would be willing to share their experience to help raise awareness of the impact of bereavement through Covid 19 and the importance of getting support.

Personal stories or case studies are vital in helping Sue Ryder to raise awareness and funds. They could feature in our marketing materials, on our website and social
media channels, and in the media.

Please do get in touch if you would be willing to speak to a member of our team about your experiences or if you would like to have an informal chat about what is involved. We will never use your story without asking you first and by sharing your experiences you could be encouraging others to seek much-needed support.

If you would like to find out more please email online.community@sueryder.org

1 Like

I haven’t lost anyone to Covid19 but I have been prevented from attending funerals. However, I was able to watch online and I have attended 3 funerals via this option. I say attended because honestly I felt I was there, joining in with the music and the Lord’s prayer. I found the whole experience very moving, personal and intimate and feel the services involved have pulled out all the stops. I thought this was worth mentioning. xx

1 Like

I lost my wife supposedly to corvid. That’s what her death certificate said. I’m still not sure it was down to that and I’m a firm believer that the government has inflated the figures regarding the death toll for corvid. But the most annoying part of that is that they took away my ability to say goodbye. Could not see her in hospital and had to have a closed coffin. This will be with me for the rest of my life. There was so much I had to say, now I do tell her but never get a reply. Life is so lonely now. Been 4 months but feels like yesterday.

I lost my Dad to Covid and would be willing to share my story if somebody wants to get in touch. I think it’s important to raise awareness so thank you

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss, I’ve tried to share my story but I just seem to get bitter. It’s nearly 18 months since I lost my wife and it doesn’t get any easier. I try to live my life the best I can, I have friends that I go out with but I always come home to an empty home and bed. Life is hard at the moment, I’m 67 and think it’s time to move on but it’s an age thing now.

1 Like

I lost my younger brother to covid last year, he was 57… it absolutely broke my mums heart… she was in a care home at the time and wasn’t allowed to visit him… she never really got over the thought of him dying alone, none of his family by his side. … We hoped this year would be a better one but sadly its even worse… my older brother died a few months ago of cancer and 2 weeks after him going my mum died aswell. I really am struggling with it all…

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your terrible losses I can’t say anything to help you but I can send you a massive hug :hugs: