Lost soul mate

I lost my husband just before Christmas. He had cancer but we thought we had more time together.
He was so strong and was my best friend for 50 years. I just feel so lost. My family are so supportive but I can’t see a life ahead

3 Likes

Shacks just wanted to send you a hug, I lost my husband a couple of months before Christmas so do know a little bit how you feel. I still feel as if I am living in a bubble that I can’t fight my way out of, you take care of yourself x

3 Likes

Dear Shacks

I’m here to welcome you to this forum and am pleased to see that Su2 has already responded, and is going through a similar thing.
I’m so sorry you have lost your husband, it’s somehow extra hard at Christmas and New Year. You had fifty years together, how amazing, and how much this loss must hurt. It’s just a few weeks in time, compared to the lifetime you shared, so it will take a while to even process the fact he’s no longer here.
I’m glad you have loving family around you, that means and will continue to mean so much. Don’t expect to see the future now, just know that your reactions and feelings are normal. Do check out Sue Ryder counselling if you want more help, and keep talking on here. So many others are experiencing similar and together perhaps you can offer one another reassurance.

Wishing you all the best

Miche24

1 Like

i know how you feel i lost my husband 2 months ago it would have been our 54th aniversary next month he had been ill for a long time but like you wished for a bit longer but never seems to happen

one day at a time

pat

3 Likes

I lost my husband 14month ago to cancer looked after john for 10 months before he passed we were married 44years together 46 years it’s a hard road we travel lv annie x x

1 Like

it certainly is annie
i lost my husband nearly 3 months ago now it would have been our 54th aniversay this thursday together 56yrs
you seem to be ok one minute then hear something that brings it all back i found afunny photo yeaterday of him yesterday but it made me laugh not cry he was never good at having a photo took always pulled faces

take care
pat

1 Like