Lost without my mam

Hello I’ve just signed up. I lost my amazing mam two weeks ago, suddenly and unexpectedly, no warning at all and she wasn’t ill. I just can’t come to terms that I’ll never get to speak or see my mam again, it doesn’t seem real! My heart is in so much pain I can’t see how I can be in a world without my mam x

3 Likes

Dear @JMcNally

Welcome to the Community, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mum. There is a useful Grief Guide that contains information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief. When you feel ready, it would be worth having a look at it.

It might be helpful for you to book and appointment with your doctor to let them know how you feel and to see how they can support you. You may wish to consider one to one Counselling. Sue Ryder free online Bereavement Counselling which you may be interested in. It would be worth having a look at it.

There is also a blog on Losing a Parent which may be of help and support to you. You can also connect with members here who have been in a similar situation as yourself.

You are not alone, we are all here for you. Please continue to reach out. If you need further information, please email online.community@sueryder.org.

Take care.

Pepsi

Hello,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your mother. I lost my father just over three weeks ago. We found out on 15th September that dad had metestatic cancer and he passed away 8 weeks later.

I feel so lost and alone. I can’t bare the thought of not speaking or seeing my lovely dad again. The pain is horrendous.

You are not alone. It is devestating to lose a parent.

Xx

1 Like

Hello Katherine

I am so sorry to hear about your dad - I totally understand, I went to see my mam for the last time today before her funeral tomorrow and cannot comprehend that was the last time I will see her every again - the pain is unbearable xx

Thank you. I feel like I’ve lost my compass in life and nothing makes sense to me anymore. I hate waking up and realising that dads not here and fall asleep missing him. There is no escape from the pain and sadness. I hope in time I will remember all of the lovely things we did together but at the moment the sudden loss is too raw.

I saw my dad in chapel of rest the day before his funeral and it was a surreal experience. I’m so sorry that you are going through this too it’s heartbreaking.

I hope the funeral goes well I am sure your mum is with you and is so proud of you.

Sending lots of love and strength.
Xx