lost

my husband died in September of this year. he was dying for a long time but nothing prepares you for it. i feel like he has just vanished from my life. all his things are here but he is not. i was weeks having to wake up and then remrmber he was gone. now my dad has just died frim cancer as well. its like someone just made them dissspear!

i go through days if being ok to realise i am not! i get stressed when i look at stuff then angry ag me,

i know things will get better but i spend days wasting time!

i dither between getting rid of things snd lettingbthem hang around as if i expect him back.

1 Like

Dear Pingu, I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of both your husband and father in such a short space of time, I do know how you feel, my husband died of cancer, I knew about 3 months before he died what the outcome was going to be and I thought I was prepared, but in reality I wasn’t, it hit me very hard, all I can say is that it did get better, I cried every day for about 6 months, then I found I’d go a day with no tears, and it slowly improved, I still miss him but I’m getting on with my life now and this will happen to you, but take it a day at a time and be kind to yourself, sending love and hugs Jude xx

1 Like

Hi @pingu63

I also live in East Yorkshire. Every word that you say it true. My husband died Sept 2020, it was relatively sudden but I also feel that a part of me is missing and always will be. It always help to talk to someone about what has happened. You can direct message me with your number and I will call as soon as I can. Then there is counselling which you can get free from Sue Rider, or Cruse, or simply talk to your GP and ask him to refer you urgently to someone can help.

I know how tough it is, but we are all siblings in grief.

Love Christie xxx

1 Like