Lost

I lost my partner 4 weeks ago I’m lost and alone .I feel empty. Don’t know what I’m ment to feel.or how to move forward.

Hi, I’m so sorry for your loss x. I’m 19 weeks since losing my husband. At 4 weeks you’re probably still in shock and disbelief. Take it hour by hour and know that what you’re feeling is normal. I have no practical advice I’m afraid as I’m still trying to navigate this journey too. Everyone kept telling me to look after myself - eat regularly and sleep. Well that’s easier said than done. Just know people here understand so post as often as you need to as we understand the nightmare you are going through. For myself I just acknowledge my feelings and remind myself that it’s normal. X

1 Like

Thank you for replying.sorry for your loss.good advice xx

1 Like

Hi Pam
There is no right or wrong way to cope with grief you just have to do what you think is right for you. I am in the same position as you just 6 months down the line. Don’t worry about anything thing just take time to remember and cherish your memories. I cannot say it gets easier in time as l am not there myself, the pain is still very much with me along with the feelings did l do everything l could for my wife, which deep down l know l did.

I saw an elderly couple in the back of the car in front of me the other day and he lent over and gave her a little kiss, which broke my heart as l will never be able to do that again. We have to try and remember all the wonderful times we had with our partners and the love they showed us.
X

Thank you for your kind words.I feel like I’m on auto pilot I still talk to him about my day. I just can’t seem to focus I’m even washing his clothes even though I know they are clean.I can’t or don’t want to believe I won’t see or feel him again .