Lost

I lost my husband the end of june and i feel lost im trying to cope with each day as it comes but it is so hard i miss him sooo much i put on a brave face to others as i cannot express how much in pain i am. Even now writing this i. Have the tears need to get up and pull myself together i have 2 little dogs who need feeding

Hi @Mclean132,

Firstly, I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling as I can see you’re new to the community.

Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
    • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

Be compassionate with yourself and take the space and time you need to grieve.

Take care,

Becca

You are bound to feel lost, because we are when we lose our dear partners.
It takes a long time to even come to terms with what has happened to us.
Sometimes there is no need to put on a brave face. People who know you must now that you are still in the early days of grief.
The end of June wasn’t long ago at all and this time of year feels harder to cope for many people, with Christmas coming too.
I hope you have family and friends to talk to, or if not, keep putting your feelings down on here and reading other people’s stories. This really helps.
You will see that there are so many of us who are suffering loss and we do understand.
Just take one step at a time. Looking after your dogs will be a comfort for you.
You don’t always have to “pull myself together” as you call it. Sometimes a good cry really can help.
Take care