Lost

I am new to this forum this is my first post I lost my Clare to cancer in July I had support from friends during her passing and through the funeral but I feel most of my friends have just gone back to there life’s which I don’t blame them but I just feel stuck and nothing has changed for me I can’t even move Clare’s shoes from the front door I just miss her every day.

4 Likes

Hi there,

I’m really sorry to hear about Clare, I myself don’t know the words to say that will help, but I feel exactly the same way about my Grandma. She passed away one day before the 1st anniversary of my Gramps’s death and the pain has been indescribable. I cannot imagine what you are going through, but I’m here for you as much as a stranger can be.

My family have all moved on, they’ve sold her home and gotten rid of most of her belongings. I seem to be the only one suffering as much as I am.

Please feel free to talk, always here to lend an ear.

1 Like

Hi, I am 2.5 years down the line from losing my husband, i still haven’t moved any of his belongings, they give me comfort, i know my family think it’s odd but I’d be so distressed if anything was moved.

You are still in the very early days, when I look back to that time things have improved, I suppose I have just got used to him not being here anymore, got a new routine, even though i can still catch my breath when I think this has really happened!

In the 1st year I tried to get new pastimes etc… but I think I was just trying to run away from it so i stopped and only did what I wanted to do, that has worked for me.

Someone said to me what has happened is a physical, mental and emotional trauma which you can’t get a grip of for a long long time & forever you will carry on your back a bag of grief which will sometimes be heavy with grief and sometimes be lighter with grief but it’s the price we now payback for the love that we had.

So it will get better, just don’t put too much pressure on yourself, it will happen when you recover.

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply I think it will be a long journey through this and good to know some people understand.

1 Like

Hi So sorry to hear about your loss. I’m in the same situation everyone has went back to their families and normal life as you say you are stuck. Janette my wife passed away in September and I cannot bring myself to do anything with her stuff. Her glasses are still where she left them, her phone, toothbrush etc. I have been told it doesn’t get any easier you just learn to live with it. Take care

1 Like

Yes very much the same I can’t move anything I suppose for now it doesn’t matter its going to be tough enough to get through the festive season and the new year celebrations not really wanting to be jolly and celebrate , my friend says its all about getting past all the firsts , first new year, birthday ect , Haho!

1 Like

Yes I am the same everything still in place after losing my beloved husband in august. Oh gosh one day to go till the dreaded day Christmas. My first big first event. Really apprehensive and very, very sad

Yes I’m dreading tonight and the weekend and next weekend. I cannot have the radio on as its all xmas stuff. At least I will have family tomorrow and my dog Flynn by my side

1 Like