Lost

Hi I’m new to this I’ve spent most my life grieving due to losing most my family my frost family I call them the family I was born to . My older brother waa murder at 24 when I was14 then my other older brother drank him self to death in 2016 not being able to deal with the death of his brother /best friend but left me with no brothers/best friend . My father was told he had dementia 6 years back I spent last 5 years caring for him at home for him to be taking in to hospital and pass away from something eles .I look after each one for them to die at then end . I suppose I’m just feeling lost with out them we was a very close family dealing with what life chucked at us along the way including my mother being taken away us to be out in a mental institution. Its hard to learn to live again I suppose after all that but I have to for my children’s sake just how do I move forward

Hi @Merz81

I’m so sorry to hear about the losses you have suffered. Life certainly has thrown you some tough curve balls. I want to welcome you here and offer you some information you might find helpful.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. You’ll find others here who have had to deal with losing more than one loved one and it always helps to relate to people in a similar situation.

Have you been able to talk to a counsellor? I’ll leave a link below for you to contact Sue Ryder about our free, video-based counselling service. There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
  • Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

The free Sue Ryder online bereavement counselling service offers sessions held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information here: www.sueryder.org/counselling.

You deserve care and support so please do get in touch with one of these services and keep posting, we’re always here to help.

Take care,

Mick
Online Community team

1 Like

Hello Merz, You do sound feedup with what life has thrown at you and I can understand totally how you feel about find a way to live life again. I do hope your children help you to see your future with hope and happiness. Please think about counselling because if anyone deserves time to talk to someone about the past events it’s you. Just being able to say what has happened should bring some relief and hopefully show you how you can cope with your future life. I will list below both Cruse and sue Ryder, they both offer free sessions and I do hope it helps. S xx

-https://www.sueryder.org/online-bereavement-counselling
-https://www.cruse.org.uk/

1 Like