Lost

My mum died the day after my birthday, it’s been 4 years but I still have no desire to carry on.
Her death was rapid, she was admitted to hospital & diagnosed with bone cancer at the beginning of April. She passed mid-May. I hae spent most of my adult life caring for her, my niece & stepdad.
My stepdad also passed away a year later. My niece left to go live with her dad.
I don’t know what I’m supposed to do, my function has always been to look after others.
I’m only here now to look after the dog my folks left behind and he’s old. Once he’s gone, I just don’t know what to do.
I’m up to my eyeballs in debt since no-one helped me with the funerals and everyone seemed to think it was okay to borrow and take but never give back.
I don’t see anyway out. Medications don’t help, therapy was a joke and I’m left in limbo.

Hello @Fou-Lu220, I am so sorry for the loss of your mum. It sounds like you’ve had so much to cope with, and I want you to know that you are not alone and there is always someone out there to help you through this.

A lot of people experience financial difficulties after bereavement, and it’s really important to get help with this. Please think about contacting Stepchange. They can give you free debt advice, and help you to put things into place to make things more manageable for you. You might also want to check Entitledto to make sure that there are no benefits you could be claiming.

I’m sorry that you haven’t found medications and therapy to be helpful. Our Online Bereavement Support has some other options you might want to explore. You matter, you are important and you deserve support.

Please keep reaching out; take care,
Seaneen