Lost

My younger sister had cancer for 7 years before she passed away in August.
I don’t cope well with stress. I’m mid 50’s
I have been so angry to the point of violence against things, not people. Banging doors, slamming down things…
My other sister lives in Australia and my Mum is here in UK.
I can’t cope with my Mum, we don’t live together but feel I must be there for her but can’t cope.
My partner is 13years older than me and is now ending with me.
I feels so broken and lost
I wish he would understand why I am so angry and that yes we knew she was dying and yes life must go on but that I still feel sad, angry and low.
It feels like the rug is being pulled from under me when I am trying to get back on track.
I live in his house and look after dogs here.

2 Likes

He lost his brother to Covid Jan 21 and we still have lots of his belongings that need sorting out too.

So sorry to hear what your going through i lost my Husband to cancer oct last year we knew he was dying i feel so angry all i got told by family and friends well you knew one day it would happen but enough knowing it was going to happen made it even harder why can people not understand what we are going through

2 Likes

It felt like denying it was going to happen and just getting on with life because that’s what she wanted.
But she was also always there to listen and talk to. Despite her situation she was my confidant and mentor… so balanced and caring. A nurse herself.
Now she’s gone and things have stopped (bizarrely so many holidays, weeks away, family coming and going and now it’s back to reality… just starting to get back on track and wam!
I’m sorry for your loss and that you are experiencing a similar lack of understanding xx big ((hugs)) xx

1 Like

When i found out my Husband had cancer i thought he would be ok but after a year and a half we was told the chemo was not working and he had about six months left was so hard watching him and caring for him knowing one day he would be gone i think its much harder knowing i was going to lose him one day his Mum and Dad have not been in contact with me since his funeral in Dec

1 Like