Lost

How do we cope losing a child

Hi Ali2023,

I’m afraid I can’t offer you any answers as I haven’t personally lost a child, but I just wanted to say how very sorry I am for your loss. I can’t even imagine what you are going through, my heart goes out to you.

I have lost my parents recently and I know that isn’t the same, but I have found this site to be a comfort being able to connect with others who have also suffered terrible losses.

There are others on here who have unfortunately lost a child and they will be in a better position than me to share their coping mechanisms and offer support.

I hope you have people around you to help you get through this terrible time.

Sending you love and strength :heart:

1 Like

Very slowly, take one step at a time, don’t put too much pressure on your self.
Losing a child no matter what age is like going against nature they are supposed to out live their parents.
I don’t know how long it has been but it’s 16 years for me and I still miss her like crazy. Certain times of the year l get upset and have a good howl the pain comes from deep within.
Rest of the time I am able to remember the good times with my daughter and what she would have liked me to be like. I know in my heart that she and her dad are still with me. Xxx

1 Like

Hi thankyou for your reply,i just feel like im losing my mind,so many emotions ,and the pain is unbearable ,i know i have to carry on for my other children and grandchildren,i also know shes now with her dad ,who passed when she was 18months old,but she was my baby only 24 and its ripping me apart ,hugs to you

1 Like