Looking for support groups, sessions in my area. Lost my mum at 11, 20 yrs ago. Counselling never offered. Any support will help me get my own children back. TIA
I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your mum at such a young age and didn’t get any support. It sounds as though this has had a serious long-term impact and I’m sorry that you now find yourself in a situation where you are trying to get your children back
It sounds as though you could really benefit from some support to help you deal with the issues from losing your mum. Here are some suggestions of places that you could find bereavement support or counselling:
- Cruse Bereavement runs support groups, as well as one-to-one support with volunteers. Contact your nearest branch for more information. Find your nearest branch
- You can make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or support services in your local area.
- You can use the NHS IAPT scheme to search for psychological therapies in your local area.
- If you’re employed, check whether your employer offers an Employee Assistance Programme and what help you might be entitled to under this scheme.
I hope that being part of this Online Community can be a good outlet for your feelings. There are many people here who have lost loved ones, some many years ago. I have found this post that I thought you might be able to relate to - you may wish to read and reply to this:
- Star lost their dad 19 years ago aged 15 and posted Still grieving.