Lysia

I lost my mum 1/2 to COVID I’m a nurse made it much worse saw her did alone no support at all from family been having bad panick attacks feel sick had to go back to work as single parent and was about to loose house I’m broke and noon can fix it

Dear Lysia,

I am so sorry for what you have to go through. You are in a catch 22 situation. You could probably do with some (more) time off from work to deal with your grief, but you can’t because of your financial situation. As a nurse, you are constantly giving of yourself, to look after other people, but you also deserve it that the NHS looks after you. Have you tried to talk with a manager about your situation and to find out if there is any support available for you? With regards to the panic attacks, you have probably already tried self-help methods, but if you feel you need professional help, could you try to get that through your GP? Something else you may consider is the online bereavement counseling that is offered through this site, or through Cruse. I lost my mum 3 years ago, and I know how hard that is. For you, to loose her to Covid, must have been even harder. I hope that by coming to this site you will find some comfort and that it will help you to read other people’s posts and replies. Sending you a big virtual hug. Jo

Nhs do nothing to help my mums care was atrocious and it’s all too much my biggest problem is finances but there’s no solution to that either also have massive health issues really struggling

That is sad, that you are not getting any help from the NHS and that your mum’s care was atrocious. Financial worries and health issues on top of grief are a lot to cope with. If you are finding yourself in debt, do not hesitate to contact an organisation that offer free advice such as StepChange or CAP. There must be some help available for you somewhere.

No help when you work