Making decisions alone

I lost my husband just over a year ago. 2 months after that my mother age 93 went into care home. I have been able to visit her through glass. I am 72 and now live alone and with the current lockdown and the infections soaring I can’t decide if it is safe to continue the visits. I feel so alone my only son lives 50 miles away and is himself shielding. I don’t want Mum to feel abandoned but know I must be sensible. I am finding it so difficult to decide what to do .

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I know there isn’t a right and a wrong. I seem to be doubting myself where I would have known what to do. The home is where my husband spent his last 3 months on end of life support, the staff are marvellous but visits are still emotional.

I’m going to make the decision later. In normal circumstances l would plan things but these aren’t normal times. The situation is changing rapidly. Take care and stay safe yourself

1 Like

One thing to consider is how you would travel there. On public transport here in Liverpool there are too many not wearing masks. I hope you reach your decision. I find it useful to write down the advantages of doing, not doing and the disadvantages of doing and not doing. Then ideally I don’t decide until the next day so I have time to sleep on it. Could the home facilitate re an I pad? Take care.