Managing new relationship

Hello,

I’ve held back on posting
I’m in the first year of a relationship. We met because between us we lost a spouse and two parents and we were both campaigners for different pressure groups.

I am struggling a bit this week because there are a lot of media interviews for him and a whole day this week where the Covid Inquiry is the focus. I do sometimes get involved but it just seems like a lot of my emotional energy is having to go toward supporting him in his everyday life -because he recently moved in with me -whilst getting out of the way and knowing that the majority of his energy is directed to ‘revisiting the wound’ (of losing his wife) which effectively is what happens every time there’s an Inquiry event or a journalist wanting an interview.
It’s feeling a bit out of balance this week.
We are extremely close and having a load of fun together but when there’s an event re: inquiry -which there’s loads of right now it feels like a stick to bash me with that I must understand and make this space.
I don’t think he does give a lot of thought to how I might experience it.
He doesn’t verbalise it. He might leak it by various things he says or does in a roundabout way.
He does spend loads of time with me but then suddenly I have to ‘understand’
Generally I do but it’s a lot at the moment

Hello @Between2Lives,

Thank you for reaching out. I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” - I’m sure someone will have some thoughts to share.

Take care,
Seaneen

I think about being in a relationship again and that is what I think is tough. Seems you have loads of positives though. I would like to find someone in the same boat.
Not sure would want full monty because of things you say. But would be nice not to feel so lonely.

no relationship is perfect. for me, I would rather have a relationship with obligations than being alone.

relationships do require the giving and sharing of yourself. in return, you get a partner.