Me this morning

Hi everyone hope you don’t mind this but I am off to the drs and can’t stop crying this morning. I have screamed, shouted and feel like s… yesterday was just as bad as I don’t ever seem to get the waves any more but a constant lump in my stomach. Does everyone have this, is it normal because feel I can’t go on today. K xx

Hi Katie. I’m so sorry you’re feeling this way. The short answer to your question is yes. I think we’ve all felt this way at some time or another. Whether it’s a knot in your stomach, pain in your chest, uncontrollable crying or feelings of loneliness and sadness. They are all part of the grief we are going through.
The only advice I can give is to be kind to yourself. Take each day as it comes and try to enjoy the better days. Give yourself time to deal with the emotions and don’t be afraid to let them out.

I obviously don’t know your situation, but If I’m feeling really down I try to think of the good times and happy memories. Although our loved ones have gone their love and memories will live on and no one can take those from us.

My GP has booked me in for some counselling. It doesn’t start until July but I’m hoping it’ll help.

I hope you get on ok and keep posting on here as there is always someone here that knows what your going through and is ready to listen. Being able to chat to others in the same position really does help.
Take care x

Hi. Katie. Anxiety is almost bound to follow such a loss. Fear for the future and what might happen. Aches and pains do occur through anxious thinking, and many find it difficult to understand what the mind can do to the body. It’s why so many go to the doctors and are declared well physically, but still don’t believe the medics. How can these aches and pains be in the mind you may say? The mind is powerful, and the mind and body are closely linked. Once you have been checked out then believe them . I would suggest almost everyone has some sort of physical reaction to grief. After all, it is a major trauma in your life. Physical and mental pain can be frightening. We are all in a very suggestive state in anxiety. That’s why professional help is needed at times. I don’t believe in going it alone, especially when there is so much support around. Best wishes and if I may I send my love to you.

Hi
Yes the lump on the stomach is always there and it’s been 11 months for me.
I don’t know if it’s as strong as it was at the beginning or that I’m dealing with it better but it’s always there.
You are very much normal
Take care William

Sorry meant lump in the stomach

Thank you for replying. I miss him so much. K xx

Thank you felt desperate this morning. Kxx

1 Like

Thank you Jonathan felt desperate for Colin this morning. Still crying but not hysterical now. Thank you for your kind words and love I appreciate each and everything sent to help. I’ve been passed medically so I guessI need to believe it as you say. Much love K xx

WOW! Now there’s weight off your mind! Of course, it doesn’t do a lot for the pain of bereavement, but one burden removed is one step more toward at least some peace. No matter how we feel about doctors and medication, I feel it’s always a good idea to ‘register’ with your GP the fact that you are suffering. It helps to keep the records straight. Take care and I am sure we will talk again. Blessings.

1 Like