meditation and grief

Hi just wondering if anyone has tried meditation,and if they found it helpful.I started it a few months ago,not in the earlier stages of grief,i just wasnt interested,but the last 3 months i have been doing a daily meditation for about 10 mins,sometimes longer,its hard i know to push thoughts from your mind,with all that happens in life,but when it works,it works well for me.I have felt calmer and more peaceful amidst the grief,i have become less annoyed,angry and irritable at my lot in life.I have experienced more interest in whats around me ,i also feel more grateful for what i do have as opposed to what i have not.I know its just not for everyone,its a release to think of absolutely nothing for those 5/10/20/ min.So i am interested to hear if anyone else has tried and if it has helped them or not.x

1 Like

HI Robina

I too found meditation to be very helpful. I particularly like Jason Stephenson’s guided meditations on You Tube. They have helped me with grief, motivation and sleep. Some have been absolutely beautiful and have left me feeling very relaxed and calm. I would certainly recommend them. If for any reason you find it difficult at first you must persevere because it doesn’t take long to feel the benefit. I look forward to doing at least one every day.

Yvonne

2 Likes

Hi Scorpio thank you for your reply,and the recommendation,i will have a look on You Tube.I was interested that you mentioned it helped you with motivation and sleep too,my sleep has been poor for a while now,hopefully like you say the longer i stick to a regular meditation daily,i will feel the benefit of that,i agree it is good for relaxation and the music can sound like peace itself,i am pleased i have found something that helps with general wellbeing all round.x

1 Like

Hello Robina, fortunately for me , I already meditated before my husband died 2 years ago. I agree with you that it is very helpful. It is what has kept me sane ; a quiet centre in the midst of so much grief and pain. For me , it allows me to keep a broader perspective on my loss- that life and death are inextricably linked for all of us . Keep going! Jay70

2 Likes

Oh thank you Jay70,i find great comfort in your reply,and agree with your words,for me there is only one way and yes that is to keep going x

I’ve posted this meditation link on another thread but thought it may be helpful to resurrect this thread. xx