Meet up

Hi everyone, sending you all my love. I’ve joined recently and don’t know anyone personally that lost their parents. I live between Chester and the Wirral. Does anyone live in this area, who would like to meet up? I express my feelings much better chatting than messaging. If anyone in the group feels the same, please post a little message. Take care, Claire

Hello @Jones67,

Thank you for reaching out. I’m so sorry for the loss of your parents.

Sue Ryder has just launched our Grief Kind Spaces.

Our Grief Kind Spaces are weekly, in-person drop-in sessions held in the local community and run by trained volunteers. The sessions provide a safe, informal and supportive place for people to come together and share their experiences of grief, helping attendees to feel heard and less alone.

If you’re not in an area with a Grief Kind space, or are looking for a different kind of support, you might want to check out the AtALoss website. It is a directory of bereavement support, including support groups. If you click this link then select your region, you can see what bereavement support is available in your area.

Your council’s website should also have information on local bereavement support. If you search for “your council name + bereavement”, you can find your council bereavement support page.

I hope this is helpful - take good care,

Seaneen

1 Like