Meeting up

Morning, my 1st post so not sure if it’s allowed,
I lost my lovely partner in January, he was 55, i have friends, but I won’t burden them at weekends, and wondered if we’re allowed on here to look for people local to us that would like to meet up. ? I get really “lost” at weekends, i miss him so much .
I’m in Chepstow South Wales .

1 Like

I’ve joined a forum call Way Up, apparently they do have local groups all over the country. I haven’t felt strong enough to look at it yet, though.

1 Like

Hi @JJ47,

I’m so sorry to hear about your partner. Please know that you are not alone, and there is support out there.

I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

A meet up is a nice idea, but please refer to our terms and conditions. Think about your safety if you ever arrange to meet people you have met on any online community. If you are doing this, always tell someone else about your plans and please do not share any personal details online. Posts containing personal contact details (full names, email addresses/links, phone numbers, or postal addresses) are not allowed and will be removed from the community.

Take care,
Becca
Online Community Team

1 Like

There is actually a website that does just that, if you Google ’ meetup’ and put in your postcode it will let you see all the groups in your area, whether it’s walking groups, cinema buddies or just ladies who lunch . I have been to loads of different things and made some lovely new friends including widows like myself :blush: You should definitely give it a go as everyone is friendly and welcoming.

1 Like

Thank you.

I’ve joined way up. It’s very much a online chat forum,. not for me, I can’t sit at my lap top all day I need to get out and do things. Depends what you are looking for I guess .

1 Like

Hello. My husband passed away in August 22. What type of groups have you come across in Fife ?

I am in Dunfermline and there are walking groups, cinema club, board games in the pub, over 55s friendship group and I am in another couple that do a variety of things from ten pin bowling, theatre trips, live music gigs or just going for a meal. Whereabouts are you in Fife?

Not heard of that ? Way up ??? Mmm … is it like this forum ? X

Like this forum is it ? X

I haven’t looked properly yet, will let you know

Hi @SadGirlfriend,

I just wanted to add that Sue Ryder has recently launched informal, in-person grief support groups called Grief Kind Spaces. You can find out more on our website at Grief Kind Spaces | Sue Ryder

We are opening new spaces all the time and are open to new areas, so please do take a look to see if there is one in your area or get in touch with the team at griefkindspaces@sueryder.org to suggest a location for a new one.

Take good care,

Kate
Sue Ryder Online Community team

1 Like