Memory Box

I created a memory box when my husband was ill and knew he wouldnt pull through. I got it back today from my sister as I am moving house was scared someone would break in and steal it . It made me cry and smile at the same time so glad I made one I even have have a bar of his favourite chocolate in it , might need that taking out , I have his clothes but the memory box means so much more will give the clothes to someone who needs them as he would have liked. However I saw my cousin had had a bear made from her mums jumper so might have one made from a shirt that we both loved

4 Likes

Hi Heather56,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community, it is such a lovely way to remember your husband. I can imagine there’s some mixed emotions having gone through it. :blue_heart:

Take good care,
Alex

2 Likes

@Heather56
That sounds a great idea. I copied someone’s idea of a memory tree and am collecting things for it.
I also had bears made for me and my daughters from clothes and I make quilts. I’ve nearly finished the second quilt which is for my younger daughter.

3 Likes

I had 2 jumpers made into cushions, and a quilt made from my husband’s tshirts.

3 Likes

That looks great @kate13 . I love that mine is on my bed every night.

2 Likes

@Heather56 I started a memory box but I found my wife already had started one so I am adding to it. My favourite items are letters we exchanged early in our relationship when we lived in different parts of the country which I didn’t know she kept. I am keeping the box under lock and key. I don’t want my children to read these whilst I’m still here! They would look at their mum and dad through completely different eyes.

3 Likes

That is a good idea to make something out of a fav item of clothes. Maybe will if his dressing gown but I will be sad to cut it up.
Could dress a bear in it instead.
Someone stitched her husband’s ties together and made a cushion.
His are drab for that.

1 Like

There is a company that makes bears from clothes. My cousin had one made from her mum`s jumper. I am thinking of having one made from a couple of shirts.

2 Likes

I had one of those made from my dads clothes … really are nice.

When im ready, will do the same for hubby. Was thinking of a quilt from his shirts too

1 Like