Mental Health

I have Anxiety Disorder through loss and trauma, now I think I may have bipolar :frowning:

The best thing you can do is look after yourself and see a GP. Self care is important and will help your over-all well-being. Take care.

2 Likes

I have terrible anxiety after losing my mum in January. I also feel low and depressed, like I donā€™t want to go out and face the world. Itā€™s awful :frowning:

1 Like

Itā€™s awful until you have been there yourself, itā€™s nice people on here understand. Iā€™m on medication but it does not cure it only suppresses it. I am back to the doctors next week x

1 Like

Thank you x

Iā€™m five and a half month into the loss of my Mum. For the most part I have kept to myself and avoided the outside world. Iā€™ve even avoided friends, as I didnā€™t want to be smiley!

1 Like

Iā€™m the exact same with friends, Iā€™ve sort of distanced myself from them. Itā€™s so hard putting smiles on for people and telling them your ā€˜fineā€™ when inside your struggling to get out of bed in the mornings.

1 Like

Friends suggest things to me, but some of them have not lost anyone close to themā€¦ Iā€™m just thinking you really have no idea do you. I have days of highs and lows not many in between, caused by loss and trauma and life x

1 Like

Hello Sarrah, Iā€™m sorry for your suffering. For me it all started with the loss of my mum just over seven years ago. Up until that time Iā€™d never experienced loss. Since then I have lost my best friend, my brother and my husband. It makes you wonder how we get up in a morning, doesnā€™t it? But we do because the human resolve is strong. Weā€™re strong. Weā€™re surrounded by the love of our loved ones :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Sending you love Sarrah xx

2 Likes

Hi. Sarrah.
The feelings and emotions in bereavement are very close to extreme anxiety. But is it surprising? Anxiety is always based on fear of some sort. From grief to being unable to pay bills. The spectrum is very broad. But so many in grief suffer from PTSD without realising it. You and all the rest of us have suffered a life trauma. You canā€™t shrug it off or push it away. It has to be dealt with. Short term medication can help a lot, but your attitude to your emotions and feelings is just as important. It does depend on temperament and your lifeā€™s experiences. Itā€™s amazing what comes up when we suffer loss. I have memories I thought I had forgotten years ago.
What makes you think you are Bipolar? This manic/depressive condition takes little diagnosis and any doctor would recognise it. Try not to talk yourself into something you are not. Feeling depressed one day and up the next is not Bipolar. We all get that, I sure do. Emotions can play nasty tricks on us especially if we are anticipating the future and what will happen. Living day to day helps.
ā€œGive no thought for the morrow, sufficient unto the day is the evil thereofā€.
Thereā€™s enough to cope with in the now without anticipating. Also, and very importantly, keep off Google. Looking up symptoms will not help at all.
Now take care. Be kind to yourself as you would to others. So many suffer in silence and we have no idea what goes on in anotherā€™s mind despite outer appearances. Blessings. John.

1 Like

Thank you so muchā€¦I guess it never helped my Mother told me she thought I was bipolar before she passed away 2 years before. I have forgotten how to smile and feel happy
Xx

I think I have been like this since 1988 when my brother was in an RTA .

This Month is particularly hard with Anniversaries, Mothers Day falling a year to the day when my mum passed . My Brothers Birthday x

Itā€™s OK Sarrah. Soldier on from day to day. Allow emotions to come. No ā€˜bottling upā€™. You may not be happy all the time but after a while it does come back in glimpses. If you have suffered from anxiety for a long time then any added burden will be seen out of all proportion. Have you done anything to help your anxiety? Short term medication can help but good counselling or some sort of therapy may get you back on the right track.
Kate is right. Itā€™s amazing to me how people do cope and find the courage to go on. ā€˜Hope springs eternal in the human breastā€™. I donā€™t know who said that but itā€™s true. Courage is not given to one and not another. We all have it but when in the throes of such pain itā€™s very difficult to find it. But never think you are a ā€˜one offā€™ and no one else has felt such pain. We all have and still do, so you are far from alone.
Yes!! Itā€™s not just trauma through loss, but life can be hard without any further upsets. Itā€™s a very bumpy road we are on but the bumps do even out if we take care and TRY and not worry. I know only too well how difficult that can be, but it can be done.
Take care. Bless you. XX

2 Likes

Dear Sarrah, I always try to think logically. Anniversaries, birthdays, want are they really? Theyā€™re just another day, same as yesterday, same as tomorrow. Weā€™re still without our loved ones. Nothing can change that. Yes, mark the occasion if you wish, by doing something special. Yesterday was my beloved husbandā€™s birthday, he would have been 68. I put a card up, I posted a song on this site and I took flowers to the cemetery. I also wrote to him in my journal. Then it was over. Nothing had changed. What Iā€™m trying to say Sarrah and probably not very well, is remember them with love, smile along with your memories. You can do this Sarrah. We can do this. Itā€™s not great but we can do it. Logical thinking. Itā€™s the only way for me. Sending you love and hugs xxxx

4 Likes

ā€˜what are they really?ā€™

It does not help that my partner is not there for me eitherā€¦ weā€™ve been together 2years and he really isnā€™t the person I thought he was. x